Edward Tufte says that small multiples are the best design solutions and I agree with him fully. When we observed small multiples we can appreciate data better because it shows us a before and after a beginning and end. I enjoy observing small multiples information because it allows me to understand any information design
Faster. When there are small multiples the data is easier to follow and clear to observe. Although Small multiples are an excellent design idea, they can also get complicated because if the small multiple is not clear enough then the date becomes confusing. Whatever the message being send the background has to be faded enough to allow the message to be transmitted, I enjoy observing small multiples but also I know they are hard to create.
Yes I also agree with Tufte. They are the best design solutions. They can be a bit difficult to understanding when not done properly. That's when information is not display right or shown enough. Looking at these images in the book, I know that creating such design can be hard. Much need to be commicated but not too much or else the message get lost.
ReplyDelete