While reading Envisioning Information by Edward Tufte specially the section of micro and macro readings I realize that information design really is complicated and twisted in its own way. In one section they talked about information being clear and easy to read and understand. In this section we see maps with a lot of information and they look clutter in parts. I’m not saying the work is not great, but seeing a map like the one on page 39, to me it looks complicated it doesn’t encourage me to read it or even analyze it. So what makes macro and micro readings interesting and important? The amount of data they can hold in a large and small scale. Macro we can understand major is the overall data we need while in a micro state is that within the macro we can read a smaller clearer data. Analyzing this I realize that information design changes according to the field the design is being use. If it’s in a medical environment it will have a custom look while an archeologist would have a different type of style. While looking at some work on the web of macro and micro I realize that it takes probably hours and hours to accomplished a well define macro and micro design. Overall this section would have been more interresting if tufte had shown more maps.
No comments:
Post a Comment